International Aces Volume Three
Sale Sold out
Regular price $12.62 USD
Regular priceUnit price per
International Aces is a series of graphic novels capturing the true stories of World War One top-scoring fighter pilots, who came from across the world to fight in skies over war-torn Europe.
Action and history unfold in dramatic, black-and-white graphic style, capturing the mayhem of the dogfights alongside the reality of life on the ground. Based on actual events, these stories are an astonishing read and a fitting tribute to courage, audacity and sacrifice.
Volume 3 showcases the White Russian, the one-eyed Austro-Hungarian and the German Red Baron who dominated the skies.
- Kozakov attained 20 official victories although the Russian authorities only counted planes that crashed on Russian soil. He is thought to have achieved 32 successes and as a Tsarist supporter was soon marginalised in the face of the growing tide of Bolshevism.
- Brumowski was born in what is now Poland and fought for the Austro-Hungarians in a career that brought him 35 victories in numerous death defying dog-fights.
- Von Richthofen, a name and image that endures to this day with his infamous red triplane and peerless flying reputation. Loved, feared and revered, his personal journey from young officer to iconic hero unfolds in Volume 3.
- Looking back at this First World War History, it is easy to forget that ordinary people, living 100 years ago, were very similar to ourselves. Young and old, timid and adventurous, growing up at home, or living abroad, they were all swept up in the extreme challenges of a world conflict and, in doing so, they lived extra-ordinary lives.
Written and drawn by Chris Geary, independently published by InkShot.com, these stories have been brought to life in a visually stylish, black-and-white, drama-documentary style.
- Ships within two days
- Biodegradable and recyclable packaging